Monday, July 7, 2014

Stir-fried Mixed Veggies with Starch Vermicelli

          Well, this dish do look like the Korean japchae, but it isn't.  I added in the oyster sauce to enhance the favor. Usually I cook this dish with mung starch vermicelli (粉丝) instead of sweet potato starch vermicelli.  The latter is now called 韩国粉丝 as the increase popularity of japchae; it is called fen pi (粉皮) in China and the vermicelli is broader in width.  

          This dish (with mung starch vermicelli) can be used as the fillings for the spring rolls (春卷) and many kinds of dim sum. Say, I add in the dried shrimp and it can be used as the fillings for  Ham sui gok (咸水角).  Or when I add in deep fried peanuts with dried shrimp, it can be used for the Teochew Dumplings ( 潮州粉果).   Or  I simply cut all the ingredients into small pieces and it can be used as the fillings for the steamed dumplings (蒸饺).  😁