Thursday, April 18, 2013

Homemade Roast Crispy Pork Belly 脆皮烧肉

                    Another big success!  I thank the Granny who passed me her recipe. Thank you. ;)

                    The oven I use to roast the pork belly.  This oven is known as 热波炉* in Chinese, which is actually a convention oven with heating coil and a fan attached to the cover of a big glass bowl.  The advantage of this oven is- it can reduce the fumes and smell and hence less greasy and messy cleaning after cooking.

                    A perfect crackling of pork rind, without charcoal.  The dripping oil was collected on the aluminium foil below the rack, which was then easily wrapped and got rid of.   :)

Cut the roast pork belly lengthwise, it's juicy, isn't it?

Tuck in, yummy... yummy
The DH loves this with beer

********************

                    *热波炉 is different from 光波炉(halogen convention oven). This is my oven, and it's not really a new toy.  I bought it almost 2 years ago liao.